Monday, May 25, 2009

Learning With The AAABC's

Duc and Linh's daughter Sally celebrated her 3rd birthday with us May 18. We gave her a scooter like one that Faith and Joy have. Happy Birthday, Sally!

God's goodness is everpresent, even though it may come to us in ways that we don't recognize at first.
I have been reminded of the Vietnamese alphabet. It has no j, no w and no z. BUT...it has 3 a's, 2 d's, 2 e's, 3 o's. and 2 u's ... so in the end, more letters.
God has shown Himself to me like that. Just when I think that I do not have what I need, or think I should have, He shows me something different than I expected, but more than what is needed. It may not look the way I think it should. I may not recognize the blessing in it, but it is there nonetheless. I can complain that it is not "my way"--or I can look for the blessing in receiving goodness from His hand.
May you recognize His good and perfect gifts this day, and joyfully receive His provision for your life.
Grace and peace!