Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Now, That's Different...

We have had a busy day working in the office. One thing I am especially thankful for--since our office is on the 3rd floor of the house, we are all still able to share 3 meals together as a family most every day. I know how rare that is, and I am grateful.

I did want to share one story that made me laugh. I noticed a can of vegetables in the kitchen. I have yet to see a can opener here, so I asked Linh if we had one. She said that Bee would open the can if we wanted it. I told her that I was just curious in case I wanted to open a can for a meal on Sunday. I asked her if Bee brought her own can opener with her. Linh smiled sweetly and picked up the biggest knife on the counter. "She opens with this," said Linh. I made a mental note NOT to ask Bee to teach the girls how to open a can of vegetables. Now me, on the other hand...DON'T MESS WITH THE COOK! :)
May the joy of Jesus be yours today!