Wednesday, July 9, 2008


greetings all!


(left: saying good-bye to the children at the Bible camp) anna mei and i will return to vietnam tomorrow, so this is probably my last opportunity to email from here. there is not much new to report from yesterday's message. the camp at the jesus school went even better today--i so wish you could hear the children sing and see their beautiful faces. these children mostly live in sheet metal huts where 8-10 people share one or two rooms. yet they come ready every day to learn, to hear, to play, to receive and give love. i could just dunk them in my coffee!


what i really want to say is, may jesus be praised! in cambodia, in vietnam, in china, in myanmar, in the united states--may his word and his life shine forth and dispel the darkness. may the eyes of the blind be opened and the hearts of stone be turned to hearts of flesh. may there be joyful shouting among his people for their deliverer comes! please know always that this is what we are about. it is why we breathe. it motivates and compels us. it strengthens and instructs us. wherever there is a need, wherever he gives us the ability to help in some way--i want always to be ready to say yes. i am forever thankful that in all my hesitation and doubts, at the end of it all, i saids yes. he would have let me say no, to my own regret. thank you, jesus, for not giving up on me and leaving me to my own plans, devices and goals. thank you for drawing me out and lifting me up. i could go on and on-- but the clock is ticking and anna mei and i want lunch! then we will prepare for tomorrow's meetings and get supplies for the party that the children will have at the end of the camp. i pray that this day is one of inexplicable joy in the holy spirit.