Friday, April 3, 2009

My Scribe

Anna Mei

Hello, all--
We just finished lunch, but a couple of funny things happened this morning and I want to share them before I forget.
First, for some unknown reason, Anna Mei has developed a keen interest in the Old Testament book of Daniel, so much so that she is copying it (word for word) in a notebook. Today, when it was time for her spelling test, I told her to get a piece of paper from her notebook. She said, "Mom, I can't use that paper! I don't know yet how much Nebuchadnezzar is going to need!" Since I am not copying the book of Daniel, I gave her a paper from one of my notebooks. :)
The second thing that made me laugh today was more visual in nature, but I will try to describe it. Every day we are a group of 11 that gathers at our table for lunch (7 Brewers, Marissa & Enoch, Chau and Bee). So, there is a lot of chatter and the noise of dishes, etc. Faith was sitting next to me at one end of the long table. Near the opposite end was the object of Faith's affection: a platter of watermelon. Now, remember, Faith is the littlest of our group--her dad calls her "Little Bit." She obediently ate her vegetable soup and french fries, then asked me if she could eat watermelon. I said yes. To the table, Faith said "Pass the watermelon,please!" in a clear voice. In all the conversations and eating, no one paid attention. Faith let her back slump, put her elbow on the table, and slapped her right palm to her head, letting her head rest there. She was a woman who had lost hope of getting the watermelon. Of course, I had her make the request again, and she was rewarded with a lot of watermelon. In the end, she and Joy each ate 7-8 pieces. One other thing about Faith that blesses me each time I hear it. She loves for me to lay down beside her--day or night. Whenever I do, she wants to make sure that I face her, and she says, "Put your face on me." I can't help but think how much joy we bring to God's heart when we say,"Father, put Your face on me."
May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.