Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Double Take

Daddy tries to tell them apart: Faith is on the left, Joy on the right.

True love

One day there was a business here, the next day...gone!

Hello, all--
Faith and Joy have decided they want to really be twins. A couple days ago, Joy said, "Faith, I want my hair cut like yours so we'll be twins." I thought it was just a passing thought because Joy has always loved to brush her long hair, and turn in front of the mirror so she could see it down her back. But, two days later, she was still asking me when we could have her hair cut.
So, today... The results are adorable. The girls are thrilled. They are having too much fun telling all of us that Faith is Joy and Joy is Faith. It has given us all a lot of laughter.

On another note, there seems to be a habit here in Vietnam that amazes me. When a business moves, they not only take their inventory and furniture, they take their building! I first noticed this when the motorbike repair shop next door moved out, doors, walls, roof and all! Now another business has left--a cafe on a corner in the next block. It is so surprising to have a building on a lot one day and the next day, the lot is empty.

Of course, I realize that for everything that I find to be strange or inexplicable about the Vietnamese, they are observing things about me that surprise them as well. I'm sure we are a curiousity to many.

Lord, help me to appreciate differences without judgment and enjoy the diversity of your beautiful world!

Grace and peace!