Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Settling...in More Ways Than One

Hello, all!It is Tuesday morning here,Monday night US time. We have had our usual schedule this morning--rise about 6, breakfast at 8, team worship, prayer and sharing, then on to the business of the day. For me, that has been laundry and checking out emails. I have not been able to get online as much as I had hoped. Our friend Enoch was finally able to get Tony's computer online. Before then,we had to borrow Enoch and Marissa's computer. After corresponding by email, I will be working on our newsletter.As our dear friends, I know you have been concerned about my Father's business. It goes well. Yesterday he met with two different groups and there was much rejoicing. Soon he will gather about 200 for a day of fun and learning. Please remember his work.Life here is at once challenging, exciting, exhasperating, joyful, adventurous. We have experienced grace that helps us deal with new limitations--we cannot call a taxi without help! I can hardly believe it, but I have turned off my bedroom air conditioner for all the daytime hours, using it only to sleep. It was just too hard going into a cool room back out into the hot hallways, kitchen, living room, bathroom, etc. With fans, I am adjusting. Also, I have accepted the fact that I will always be sweating. Once I came to terms with that, my attitude was happier.All that said, I had the feeling yesterday that "this is what I was born to do." I am still contemplating it all. I appreciate your prayers. The Lord continues to lead me down a path of surrender, offerning me humility, if I will receive it. It is not a bitter lesson, more like His invitation for me to experience more of His life if I am willing to die to my own. I know this, however He chooses to use or not use me in the lives of others, He is doing something wonderful in me. For that alone, I am falling in love with Vietnam.The girls are doing well. They are having a regular Bible reading and prayer time with our friend, Marissa. It has been very fruitful. Last night, our neighbors took the three older girls for rides on the motorbikes. They loved it! Then, their 18-year-old daughter came over . Jillian especially enjoyed spending time with her. She speaks a little English. Today they are painting some ceramic figures we found at a market.